So this last week I went in for an MRI on my brain. I have one once a year because I have a high hormone that causes in most cases B9 tumors on the pituitary gland in your brain. I knew it would be high because nursing increases this hormone and causes the tumor to grow. Well I had been having head aches on one side of my head and other weird things happen like seeing rainbows out of one eye so I went in to have my MRI. Well they found a very small tumor on my pituitary gland. Even though I knew I would get them and that 99.9% of the time that they are harmless I still get very nervous about it. I am getting on some meds to shrink the tumor and possibly a very small dose of radiation. I know it will all be fine, but it is still very scary to ever hear the word tumor. I think it is just one of those words in life we all hope we never get, but I know it is all fine I just had to vent for a minute! I hope you are all doing well! I am getting so excited for spring to come, I love the warmer weather!
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I would be scared too! I hope all goes well and that it goes away without too much fuss!!
I know how that feels! I had a tumor in my right... breast. Ahem. Sorry for saying the B word. :) Anyway, I bawled my eyes out when they told me and they looked at me like I was crazy because it wasn't a "bad" tumor. But I didn't care. Like you said, just knowing you have a tumor - this icky thing growing off you - is frightening! I got mine removed asap. Anyway, I hope you are feeling okay and that all goes well. I'll pray for you!
Good luck! It is scary! My mother in law had a brain tumor awhile back and it ended up being fine with no cancer. But you are right, just hearing the word scares you. I'll keep you in my prayers. Keep us all posted! And if you ever need help with that cute little girl just let me know cause I would love to come watch her! :)
That is way scary! Even if it isn't cancerous! I hope everything is okay!
Holy shit, Bestsey. I'm sorry but somebody had to say it! You are way too calm about this. If you need to vent, you have my number, sister. You are in my prayers.
Cute blog Betsey. Good luck with everything...you have an awesome attitude!
don't have a tumor... what the! i am still sad i didn't get to talk to you the other day when you came in! i was so busy but come in again soon! i need to see you ad your cute baby girl!
That is scary. My friend has the same thing. And if it makes you feel any better she found out 6 years ago and besides REALLY messing with her hormones she's been fine. I would be totally wiggin' out and you have such a great attitude about it.
You always have such a good attitude! You'll do great with the treatment and I'm sure it will all go well! (((((hugs)))))
~Your "wiser" sister (I prefer that to "older") ;)
Post a Comment